0
Obstructive Lung Diseases |

Attendance of Patients Assisted by a Reference Hospital, at Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil

Suzi Maron*, MBBS; Maria Cardoso, MD; Iure Belli, MBBS; Gustavo Pires, MBBS; Rodrigo Oliveira, MBBS
Author and Funding Information

Universidade Federal do Amazonas (UFAM), Manaus, Brazil


Chest. 2012;142(4_MeetingAbstracts):711A. doi:10.1378/chest.1390183
Text Size: A A A
Published online

Abstract

SESSION TYPE: Asthma Posters

PRESENTED ON: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 01:30 PM - 02:30 PM

PURPOSE: To quantify the number of patients assisted by the the Asthma Care and Control Program (AACP), at Araújo Lima Ambulatory of University Hospital Getúlio Vargas, who attend regularly the program.

METHODS: This study is a descriptive and retrospective one, realized by the observacional approaching of the records of the patients assisted by PACA through August of 2003 to July of 2010.

RESULTS: From the 799 patients’ records studied, 531 patients (66%) were attending the Program with no absence. By the other hand, 268 (34%) had at least one absence.

CONCLUSIONS: In face of the results, it is known that more than half of the patients attend the consultations of the program with assiduity, which is very important to the adhesion of the treatment.

CLINICAL IMPLICATIONS: Consequently, this contributes to decrease the asthma gravity level of the patient, as well as mitigate the irreversible alterations of the airways.

DISCLOSURE: The following authors have nothing to disclose: Suzi Maron, Maria Cardoso, Iure Belli, Gustavo Pires, Rodrigo Oliveira

No Product/Research Disclosure Information

Universidade Federal do Amazonas (UFAM), Manaus, Brazil

Sign In to Access Full Content

MEMBER & INDIVIDUAL SUBSCRIBER

Want Access?

NEW TO CHEST?

Become a CHEST member and receive a FREE subscription as a benefit of membership.

Individuals can purchase this article on ScienceDirect.

Individuals can purchase a subscription to the journal.

Individuals can purchase a subscription to the journal or buy individual articles.

Learn more about membership or Purchase a Full Subscription.

INSTITUTIONAL ACCESS

Institutional access is now available through ScienceDirect and can be purchased at myelsevier.com.

Topics

brazil

Sign In to Access Full Content

MEMBER & INDIVIDUAL SUBSCRIBER

Want Access?

NEW TO CHEST?

Become a CHEST member and receive a FREE subscription as a benefit of membership.

Individuals can purchase this article on ScienceDirect.

Individuals can purchase a subscription to the journal.

Individuals can purchase a subscription to the journal or buy individual articles.

Learn more about membership or Purchase a Full Subscription.

INSTITUTIONAL ACCESS

Institutional access is now available through ScienceDirect and can be purchased at myelsevier.com.

Figures

Tables

References

NOTE:
Citing articles are presented as examples only. In non-demo SCM6 implementation, integration with CrossRef’s "Cited By" API will populate this tab (http://www.crossref.org/citedby.html).

Some tools below are only available to our subscribers or users with an online account.

Sign In to Access Full Content

MEMBER & INDIVIDUAL SUBSCRIBER

Want Access?

NEW TO CHEST?

Become a CHEST member and receive a FREE subscription as a benefit of membership.

Individuals can purchase this article on ScienceDirect.

Individuals can purchase a subscription to the journal.

Individuals can purchase a subscription to the journal or buy individual articles.

Learn more about membership or Purchase a Full Subscription.

INSTITUTIONAL ACCESS

Institutional access is now available through ScienceDirect and can be purchased at myelsevier.com.

Related Content

Customize your page view by dragging & repositioning the boxes below.

Find Similar Articles
CHEST Journal Articles
PubMed Articles
  • CHEST Journal
    Print ISSN: 0012-3692
    Online ISSN: 1931-3543