0
Abstract: Poster Presentations |

LONG-TERM OUTCOMES OF SINGLE VS MULTIPLE STENT DEPLOYMENT DURING PERCUTANEOUS CORONARY INTERVENTION FREE TO VIEW

Darpan Bansal, MD*; Raghu Muppidi, MD; Bradley R. Hughes, MD; Kunal Sarkar, MD; Jawahar L. Mehta, MD, PhD; Rajesh Sachdeva, MD, FACC
Author and Funding Information

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR


Chest


Chest. 2007;132(4_MeetingAbstracts):542. doi:10.1378/chest.132.4_MeetingAbstracts.542
Text Size: A A A
Published online

Abstract

PURPOSE: It is generally believed that deployment of multiple stents during percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is associated with higher incidence of complications. The objective of the study was to determine the incidence of major adverse cardiac outcomes (MACE) associated with multiple stent deployment and its comparison with the deployment of single stent.

METHODS: Study cohort was formed by all patients who had percutaneous intervention done during January 2003 to August 2004 at our institution. A retrospective review of their medical records was done to obtain data regarding cardiac risk factors, medications at discharge and MACE [cumulative of death, myocardial infarction(MI) and target vessel revascularization (TVR)].

RESULTS: A total of 333 patients underwent PCI who were followed up for a mean duration of 36 ± 5 months. 208 patients (62%) received a single stent whereas the remaining 38% received two or more stents. Cardiac risk factors and medications at discharge were similar in patients with single or multiple stent deployment. 21 patients (10%) in single stent group and 7 patients (6%) in multiple stent group had MI (p value=0.15). Both groups had similar TVR and MACE over the follow up period of 3 years(Table 1).

CONCLUSION: There is no significant association between the number of stents deployed during PCI and the incidence of long term adverse cardiac outcomes.

CLINICAL IMPLICATIONS: This study provides long term outcome data on multiple stent deployment during percutaneous coronary interventions.

DISCLOSURE: Darpan Bansal, No Financial Disclosure Information; No Product/Research Disclosure Information

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

12:30 PM - 2:00 PM


Figures

Tables

References

NOTE:
Citing articles are presented as examples only. In non-demo SCM6 implementation, integration with CrossRef’s "Cited By" API will populate this tab (http://www.crossref.org/citedby.html).

Some tools below are only available to our subscribers or users with an online account.

Related Content

Customize your page view by dragging & repositioning the boxes below.

CHEST Journal Articles
PubMed Articles
  • CHEST Journal
    Print ISSN: 0012-3692
    Online ISSN: 1931-3543