In this issue of CHEST, Hwangbo et al8 (see page 795) and Herth et al9 (see page 790) report on complete endosonographic staging of NSCLC using just a single EBUS scope to perform both EBUS and EUS. Hwangbo and colleagues investigated 150 patients with potentially operable (suspected) NSCLC with an EBUS-TBNA bronchoscope immediately followed by a transesophageal investigation (EUS-FNA) using the same EBUS scope. For this evaluation of mediastinal nodes from the esophagus using the EBUS scope, the abbreviation EUS-B-FNA (endoscopic ultrasound with bronchoscope-guided fine-needle aspiration) was introduced by Hwangbo et al.9 In this study, EUS-B-FNA was used as an add-on to EBUS only for those patients in whom nodes were inaccessible or difficult to reach by EBUS. Therefore, unlike EBUS, no standardized evaluation of the mediastinal nodes was performed during the EUS investigation, which was likely reflected in the very different time periods used for each procedure (mean, 18.9 min vs 3.8 min for EBUS and EUS, respectively). The addition of EUS to EBUS resulted in the detection of three (7%) more patients with mediastinal metastases. Sensitivity and negative predictive value regarding mediastinal staging of EBUS alone vs the combined approach were 84% vs 91% and 93% vs 96%, respectively. As expected, EUS-B-FNA proved specifically useful for tissue sampling of nodes located paratracheally to the left (station 4L), the aortopulmonary window (station 5), and the nodes located in the lower mediastinum (stations 8 and 9). This single-center study was performed over 6 months in consecutive patients with (suspected) lung cancer with an indication of mediastinal tissue staging after CT scans and PET scans and used surgery as the reference standard for the absence of mediastinal metastases after endosonography.